Success for the AICF means that patients who have highly specialised diseases are treated in private and provincial facilities that are of a high standard, fully equipped and staffed with skilled, multidisciplinary teams.
Success for the AICF means that patients who have highly specialised diseases receive uninterrupted treatments selected on clinical evidence.
Our objectives are:
- To provide, directly or indirectly, health care to persons in need and to improve access to and affordability of health care through specific programmes and projects in South Africa.
- To develop and implement patient programmes intended to improve access to and provide funding for one or more specified pharmaceutical products to eligible patients in South Africa.
- To identify additional diseases and related pharmaceutical products to expand the patient assistance programmes.
- To attract companies who bring or have brought in innovative treatments to market, to join the AICF to expand the patient programmes and projects in South Africa.
- To educate and inform relevant doctors and stakeholders about the patient assistance programmes.